Home    News    Articles    Gallery    Forum    Videos    Gnoblogs    Bellower    Podcasts    Downloads    Links    About

Author Topic: Mentag's Marauders, acolytes of Nurgle  (Read 28132 times)

Mentag the Marauder

Re: Mentag's Marauders, acolytes of Nurgle
« Reply #50 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:07:31 AM »
I am about to make some markers for the army. I was wondering if anyone has any inspiration for the Gut Magic marker?
In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.

Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894), A Christmas Carol

Kings of Chaos

Corai

« Reply #51 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
I am about to make some markers for the army. I was wondering if anyone has any inspiration for the Gut Magic marker?
due to the sorcerous/chaotic theme of my army, my gut magic markers are going to be spell books, some open, some closed (probabley with guts over them) with the name of the spell on the spine/cover. I've seen some really nice markers but still find it hard to tel which spell they are so think having the word on the marker somewhere will help

Thanks
Corai

Mentag the Marauder

« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »
Corai,
I think the book idea is a good one, especially for your lovely army. A book with guts spilling from the pages comes to mind... I am just stuck thinking of Ogre and Nurgle themed ones. I have searched the forums but not much turns up sadly. I will probably put the names on somewhere, maybe the side of the base.
In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.

Kings of Chaos

ogrebane

« Reply #53 on: Jan 05, 2007, 02:37:15 AM »
I used the 40mm round bases from 40k and used a rock some guts and a heart. I made 2 markers for each of my butchers. Love the Fluff by the way. Nothing worse than a pi$$ed of ogre. Look out greasus I say.
:gnoblar::gnoblar::gnoblar::tyrant3::luckgnoblar::luckgnoblar:
:gnoblar::gnoblar::gnoblar:
:gnoblar::gnoblar::gnoblar:

9 gnobs a swordy my tyrant and 2 pack gnobs

My doctor told me I was paranoid
Well he didnt tell me but I know he was thinking it

Mentag the Marauder

« Reply #54 on: Jan 05, 2007, 07:37:54 AM »
I was thinking of doing the Gut Magic markers same as you. However I would like to combine them with something Nurgle. That is the problem I am having.
With regards to the fluff I am going to be slowly adding more and more stuff. I am just not inspired at the moment to write more than a few lines. You can expect a lot more fluff over the course of this Gnoblog! Greasus will eventually meet his maker...
I am confused with the list. I looked through the Battlegrounds section. There I found the sample 2000pt lists that were voted for. Some of them seem really good. For now I am just going to aim for one of them, possibly the third. I am going to try some sample paint schemes today. If the painting proves to be qick I will aim for a larger list with more Ogres!

Kings of Chaos

Tri

« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2007, 07:52:04 AM »
About the gut magic markers, maybe make them diseased like the heart oozing out pus instead of blood, the rock covered in vile slime and the trollguts well, there already vile enough.
Hope this helps
Tri

Corai

« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
This is a slighly more off the wall suggestion, but how about grabbing some empire militia models and having them sprawling about on a base suffering from different diseases. I can see the diseases being a bit arbitrary so you might still want to include the spells name somewhere on the marker (maybe a street sign if you use a bit enough base?) but have (for example) pox marked guys for Toothcracker, or bloated, distended near corpses for trollguts?

Thanks
Corai

Ghworg

« Reply #57 on: Jan 05, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
Corai's suggestion is good, and I might just go one step further in suggesting using Zombies instead of militia, as less conversion may be required (eg. I reckon there's a Zombie torso on the sprue with guts spilling out of the belly).
2 Pet Gnoblars! I dub them Itchy and Scratchy, for reasons that are too private to divulge.

Tri

« Reply #58 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
This is a slighly more off the wall suggestion, but how about grabbing some empire militia models and having them sprawling about on a base suffering from different diseases. I can see the diseases being a bit arbitrary so you might still want to include the spells name somewhere on the marker (maybe a street sign if you use a bit enough base?) but have (for example) pox marked guys for Toothcracker, or bloated, distended near corpses for trollguts?

Thanks
Corai

and a diseased heart coming out of one of there bodys for bullgorger   :)?

Bull

« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:35:46 PM »
I have to say something I feel after lurking your gnobblog for a while. I really like your conversions and mentag is truly inspiring. Im confident this army will look great ones its finnished. Keep up the good work Im looking forward to follow this gnoblogg!
My Skaven army diary and my ogre gnobblog

My pet :gnoblar::gnoblar::gnoblar: are called Humle, Dumle and Knubbig

tyrant gutbucket the 3rd

« Reply #60 on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »
like the idea but needs painted pics.

just my two cents
"gather the tribe."

w/l/t
0/0/0

Mentag the Marauder

« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2007, 08:19:14 AM »
Well work on the Gnoblog has been very slow this week as I have been doing some real work for a change. Also WFRP has taken up quite a lot of my time. I have painted a few tester models. Just some Gnobgors... they came out okay but I am not completely satisfied. I don't know whether to go for a green or pink skin. Pink skin is my favorite but I dont know. I really want this army to stand out.
I think I will try some more extensive conversions. I noticed a samurai ogre army that gave me ideas. He had sprig moulds for armour plates. I might try that too.I want to make the Iron Guts more armoured looking, akin to giant chaos warriors! Anyay I will try some more stuff today

Kings of Chaos

Mentag the Marauder

« Reply #62 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »
Here are some shots of a WIP for a bull:

I am happy enough but there is still quite a lot to do! Any comments or suggestions are welcome!!

Kings of Chaos

Corai

« Reply #63 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »
wow, the model looks excellant. As you said, you still have a lot to do and I'm not sure what you're planning but I'd advise distressing the metal areas more as they both look a little clean and fresh in the picture. Also the skin, while painted/blended exceptionally looks a little hale and healthy to me. I can see the sunken, sickly thing you've got going on but I'm not sure if maybe it needs a tinge or a glaze of a slightly 'off flesh' colour. Just my opinion of course, as I said at the beginning, the acual painting is fantastic

Thanks
Corai

Mentag the Marauder

« Reply #64 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:49:25 PM »
Well nothing is finsihed. I havent even started the metal, cloak, leather... The skin is too healthy but I am unsure how to get the tinge...

Kings of Chaos

Jestor

« Reply #65 on: Jan 12, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »
Looking great man.  Maybe for the skin a couple of glazes of 1:1:5 green ink:yellow ink:water would give it a bit of a sickly look.  You might want to try on a test model tho ;)  It is definatley looking awesome tho man, ,keep up the good work!
This thread is worthless without pictures :)

Targhell_the_Vicious

« Reply #66 on: Jan 12, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »
Wow impressive work, can't wait to see him finished.  Is this really JUST a Bull or was that a typo? If all your Ogres are going to be converted and done to such a high quality the army will definitely be amazing to see.

Keep it up.

Targhell
My Pet Gnoblar's name is Rudypoo (in honour of a friend of mine)

Ghworg

« Reply #67 on: Jan 12, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
I love the model so far (apart from the clean, bright skin and metal, but that's already bin covered). Just one gripe though: I don't like the stance of ur model on the base. I think it might look better if the model is either standing on the stone, or 'climbing up it', not marching at a slant.
2 Pet Gnoblars! I dub them Itchy and Scratchy, for reasons that are too private to divulge.

tyrant gutbucket the 3rd

« Reply #68 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
exxcelente!!! very good painting work. mabe give the skin and fur a greenish tinge in some places to suggest they were nurgle?
"gather the tribe."

w/l/t
0/0/0

Dtrik

« Reply #69 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »
Looks amazing so far, I love this army!
<-George

ShrewdFulg

« Reply #70 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:25:21 PM »
Try either patches of water down green/ brown washes to make him look more Plaguebearerish or a little green ink and rotting flesh mixed into the normal top layer of paint. And it does look excellent, there just seems to be a small blob of putty or something on the gutplate. If it's something I'm just not seeing, then ignore this...
"Thinling weapons ain't much good to us. Too fiddly. And too big for the Gnoblars. So we let them little thieves give em' all back using one of their...wotsit wagons. Pointy end first."
Cool, a pet gnoblar! He can be named Squisqueek.

Tri

« Reply #71 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »
It looks great and like others said i'd rather have more of a greenish off colour to the skin tone to make it look nurglish. Other than that it looks awesome and the base is real good, i just do some sand and snow  :|

Tyrant Grog

« Reply #72 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
That model looks great!! I was also going to suggest the 1:1:5 Green:Yellow:Water wash.

The tyrant is really cool. Probably wasn't cheap either...
Save the Trees, eat Beavers.
My Club forum; www.chchwargaming.org.nz/forum
Tyrant Grog.

xARSEFACEx

« Reply #73 on: Jan 13, 2007, 12:48:41 AM »
Somehow, I've never stubbled across your Gnoblog before. You're doing some really amazing things with this army. I can't wait to see more finished pics. Keep it up.
I don't have a pet gnoblar, but if I did, I'd name him Keith Olbermann.

Kyte

« Reply #74 on: Jan 13, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »
Damn! That's a nice painted model! I'd say as cool as a Changeater! Why are chaos ogres so cool?

- Kyte

Top of Page RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube PayPal Donate
© 2004-2011 The Ogre Stronghold | RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Donations | Legal Stuff | Contact
This website is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Ltd.