Home    News    Articles    Gallery    Forum    Videos    Gnoblogs    Bellower    Podcasts    Downloads    Links    About

Author Topic: What would you do with 175 pts?  (Read 1185 times)

Phazael

Re: What would you do with 175 pts?
« Reply #25 on: Apr 17, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
Assuming you either have two IBlasters (or simply prefer not to run another), I think the obvious choice would have to be a pair of ranked gnoblar units with full commands.  They make great fodder and flank protection, as well as building denial.

oh i have three haha.  A normal one, im working on a giant hellblaster one made out of steam tank cannons, and then im going to make one in the style of the monster bombard from medieval 2 swarming with gnoblars.  I'm out of ideas for a third and i want to mix it up too. The gnoblars were my original plan b after the leadbelchers.  I used to run them with the old book but i havent made to much use of large units of them in the new book.

There is a Polish mini manufacturer on Maelstrom games that has an ogre leading around a giant alligator with a cannon on its back that you might like.
668 The Neighbor of the Beast

nells

« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
For me its a tossup between two choices:
1) 70 Gnoblars
2) 60 Gnoblar trappers
I am leaning towards #2....

Philoscifi

« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
I agree w/ the 2 Gorgers sentiment.  You could also consider 3 scouting/stubborn Maneaters w/ extra hand weapons. I would prefer the gorgers in your 3k game b/c the full table will limit your scouting.

These two units, while lacking the punch of an IB, will put a strategic tool in your pocket. You will have a unit or two that can disrupt your opponent's battle line by presenting a threat from somewhere other than the front. The significant advantage here is that he will have to detour a portion of his army to deal w/ your threat—presto, you've gained some tempo.

In addition, you'll gain some flexibility w/ the gorgers as you will have the opportunity to place them near a troubled spot on the table that develops after the battle begins.

I find that the choices which make your opponent change his plans or increase your flexibility pay off, but it's difficult to put a point value on them.

sitaavanu

« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
Gnobs with trapper upgrade & a gorger.

Throw some variety into the list.

Halfhazard

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 08:33:40 AM »
how about 1 gorger and 4 more sabertusks

Top of Page RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube PayPal Donate
© 2004-2011 The Ogre Stronghold | RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Donations | Legal Stuff | Contact
This website is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Ltd.