Am in the middle of painting a mass of 40k orks, but as I start to see it come to fruition, thoughts turn to fantasy again ^^. It's been a long time since I updated the blog, which I will change to a general non-ogres one, and save my ogre gnoblog for anything Oathkeepers related.
I did finish painting the Chaos knights, and was much happier with them in the long run. Painted up some dogs as well, so I thought I'd start by posting pics of that army as it stands.
Although these can be used simply as two small units of knights, the idea was to have a mini-deathstar unit, with 7 knights, a lord, a BSB, and a mounted wizard (the guy with the fire in the first picture. Here are some more shots of the chaos lord.
And a couple of pictures of the warhounds:
Ok, so I have the following projects on the go:
1) 40k Apoc-level Orks. Approx 2k painted, out of about 4.5k. Pics up on 40k online atm, on the Orks board, if anyone is interested. Working steadily on this one.
2) Plague rats - the army that started this thread. I still have a bunch of the IoB skaven, a plague catapult, and some converted but unpainted stuff to make this army legal again.
3) getting on for 2k new necrons, none of it painted.
4) The idea of a purist Throgg army, with plenty of conversions, and ONLY trolls... Some modelling work has been done.
5) An entirely base coated but unpainted Orc army - approx 3k
6) Some marauder horsemen to expand the army pictured in this post and provide core choices - and more inspiration needed!
Nothing else can be considered a "live" project at present, having been entirely confined to boxes